At Let’s Smile Dental in New York, New York, we provide dental treatment for families – from the very oldest members to the youngest. We want to be a one-stop shop for your family’s dental needs, which is why we provide pediatric dental services. Our doctors are dedicated to your family’s oral health from the moment your toddler’s first teeth break through. We have the experience and the qualifications necessary to care for a child’s teeth, gums, and mouth as they progress through childhood.
You can expect your child’s first teeth to break through between 6 months and a year. By the time they reach 6 or 7 years of age, they will have begun to lose their baby teeth, and their permanent teeth will start to come through. Without proper pediatric dental care, children are at risk of oral decay and gum disease, which can lead to a long road of dental health complications. Studies show that nearly 20% of American children live with at least one untreated decaying tooth. When you visit our New York, New York office, we offer several services and treatments to ensure your children are set up for a lifetime of excellent oral health. Our comprehensive pediatric dental services include the following:
- Oral health exams for infants, including an assessment of the risk for caries in both mother and child
- Preventive dental care. This typically includes cleaning and fluoride treatment. Recommendations regarding nutrition and diet may be given as well.
- Assistance with breaking habits such as thumb sucking or pacifier use
- When old enough, an early assessment on possible teeth straightening treatments and orthodontics.
- Treatment for tooth defects and cavities
- Care for dental injuries.
Why Special Care For Children?
Children have special dental needs. They are not simply tiny adults. Children will not always be still or patient in the dental chair, so a dentist with pediatric training will know how to treat children to keep them happy and comfortable while providing treatment. Dentists who offer pediatric services can provide your children with the best possible care. To schedule an appointment at Let’s Smile Dental, please call (212) 831-8940.
Pediatric Appointments Only
Scan the QR code or